Spur of the moment trip Atlanta Edition


I have had my share of "spur of the moment road trips", and in the past they usually turn out to be the best kind of trips to take . Just picture this, no real plans just pack your bags and get on the road. I wanted to go to the A this past weekend and chill before I went on travel for the next couple of weeks but made no preparation for travel. So needless to say on Thursday when I went to look for plane tickets they were through the roof. My girl called me like 8'oclock friday night asking me was I going to come see her this weekend, I was almost definite that it wasn't going to happen. Then I did it...yes I went to www.greyhound.com, I never road a bus before but the tickets was like 75 bucks and it was an overnight ride 1 a.m. to 10 a.m. I called a friend and asked if he could get me to the bus station, packed my bags, and purchased the ticket without any hesitation, I was on the road to the A. Maybe 5 bumps, a couple of snores, and bout 4 bathroom breaks later I was in the city. Called my girl bout 9 that morning so she was at the bus station to pick me up right on time.


Okay, now that I am here what are we going to do. There is always some good shopping going on in Atlanta, so how about lets start there. Nothing big of course just walk through the mall and take in the fact that we're here together and chill for the day. So we walked around the mall as I observed a lot of things I didn’t want to do with my clothing line, also saw some interesting things that I would like to tweak and so on and so forth. (Fitted Hat Prototype) coming sooooooon.



Now listening to the radio I hear that the "America's Most Wanted Tour" is in town tomorrow. C'mon man you know we got to hit that up Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy, Drake, Soulja Boy, Pleasure P, and Jeremih no questions asked. We didn't even get any tickets online, we got dressed sunday loaded up and went to the venue like I know somebody got some tickets down here...lol... We searched hi and low but them scalpers weren't dropping them prices, guess they didn't know me cuz I wasn't upping mine. Finally got this dude to drop his price by like 40 a ticket on probably the worst ticket in the building, of course I'm bout to make this work for the best though. This dude gives me a card that say's Black Enterprise and tells me he does this for a living hit him up for any event and as I'm walking away he say's I do landscaping to, straight up hustler....got to respect that. So we walk up to the line with these paper print outs that we just purchased from “Black Enterprise” only to find out that they don’t scan and we have to get out of line and go to the box office for confirmation. The risk is half the fun just to think we were almost owned, Helll nallll not even close home skillet, I called ole boy pronto, he said he would give me a full return just come back to the same spot I found him. Still tried the tickets at box office anyway, and it turns out I didn't have to go search for Black in the end anyway. The guy at the box office just stamped the tickets “OK” even though he knew the deal from the faint smirk on his face and we were well on our way….lol….so we get inside the venue, the lights went down and we hit them rails like we were fresh out of track practice. Did you think we were really going to sit in the back BOY STOP? The concert was everything we thought it would be and a little more, Drake didn’t show because he was hurt, but a small performance by every member of Young Money was added to the agenda by Lil Wayne. We song along with every track, stood on top of chairs and quenched our thirst with 6 dollar sprites ahhhhhhh got to love those good ole concert prices.










On Monday I had to feed my appetite for hats and sneakers. I got a chance to visit some shoe stores, new era flagship store, and Wish. I will have to put you guys on game about those P F Flyers I been eyeing later….who remembers the Sandlot? OK then maybe you know a little some. Walking through New Era Flagship store is like walking through an lids or hat shack to the 5th power if you like hats and need a awkward color more than likely they have what you want. I was once told even if you don’t like sneakers after visiting Wish you would think you need to start collecting shoes. So I was like what about people like me who love shoes, well I was glad I didn’t have a BLACK CARD cuz I would have got into some trouble that day. The employees were nice and helpful; they also had nice foot game check out the watermelon boys….
































Since I stay in hotels just as much as I do my own apartment I have acquired enough points to receive free tickets to a MLB game. So just our look the braves were having a home game this week, so we were in attendance. Before we hit the game I had a little meeting with a designer about a logo, things went well. Back to the day, I wasn’t expecting free seats to be that good but it was FREE who cares. As soon as we enter the section from our tickets we were approached by this lady with a headphone and tablet. “Are you guys alone”, she said. I was like yeah, then she said, “I will take these two” I was like take me where…lol…so she asked us to sit down beside her until the first inning was over. Come to find out we were picked for the fan upgrade….NICEEEEEEEEE….we got club seats, cushioned and recliners may I add. Free T-shirt, hat, and braves tomahawk. It was our first MLB game and we had a blast can’t you tell.

Well since I took this “spur of the moment trip”, I didn’t get to book my flight in time to get a good seat on my flight to California today. So I was back to coach, feeling so downgraded, but guess what yuuuuuuuuuup in my best Trey Songz voice, as soon as I was about to board the plane the lady at the counter said Mr. Collins you made the upgrade….hahaha…back to first class suckers see ya later. Overall this was a really good trip….Recap: Got to visit MY LADY, got a chance to eyeball some nice FASHION, even fit in a SPORTS outing, and I got some work done for the CLOTHING LINE, can’t beat that with a stick.

0 comments:

Post a Comment