You can only grow as big as the box you live in...


So on my latest visit to California, I saw some pretty interesting things that made me think. How can we grow as an individual if we don't allow change in our scenery. Allow me to elaborate, If you don't ever see anything outside of your comfortable environment you won't take in consideration the ideals of anything Dissimilar. The more I explore, the better understanding I get of those who aren't from where I'm from. Growing up in Alabama I always heard how slow it was from friends up north. Until I went up north I never understood that statement. Each region is so different therefore we witness and experience much different things.


Driving through the desert makes me appreciate the green grass and huge yards I had while growing up. It may seem small but these are the types of things that I looked over as a child that other kids would have done anything for and vice versa. The desert is beautiful but I had to take that trip to see it otherwise I couldn't have come close to this view in my mind. So any opportunity you have to experience something new my advice would be to take it. ~ You only live once so ride til the wheels fall off~

1 comments:

Porscha said...

Ray I'm going to need you to keep the enlightment posts coming. Everybody doesn't know about things like this and it's stimulation that I look forward to.
:)

Also, I've never thought about it but that is a great theory. How can you expand your mind without at least a little travel to different regions and/or nations? Getting outside the box will def help you think outside of it.

Post a Comment